Monday, December 1, 2008

Winter

I woke up early yesterday morning and it was snowing! Immediately I was in a good mood and couldn't stop singing "White Christmas" in my head. I cleaned the house, put up some Christmas decor and made waffles for breakfast. Nate was a little shocked when he woke up and found me in my mood with hot breakfast ready..... I am usually very cranky in the morning. Anyway I couldn't wait to wake up David to go play with him outside! I was envisioning us sledding down the hill out our front door, but Nate (who was unimpressed with the non-Utah snow) dashed my dreams and said their wasn't enough snow on the ground. Well he was right so David and I just went for a walk outside instead.





6 comments:

Tina and Spencer Sitton Family said...

Awe, Laura and Nate!How cute! David is getting so big! Oh, I got a blog. BTW I keep forgetting to tell people. SOOO if you want to add me...

Tiffany Winters said...

Cute cute pictures. I love the story. I was unimpressed with the snow too. but I am excited to go to Colorado and go sledding on REAL snow.

jayne said...

David is such a cutie pie!!! To bad there wasn't enough snow to go sledding. That would have been fun. I loved your previous post. I loved the pictures of david being so gentle and sharing with his little brother. I love watch my kids play together. It brings such joy.

The Sitton Family said...

Evil Nate. He smashed all of my dreams too Laura! Just kidding, I am sorry it was not the Winter wonderland of your dreams, but it looks like David still enjoyed it!

Brooke and Brian said...

Holy cow David is so big. And tell Nate to appreciate the snow, I don't get that stuff here in the sunny AZ. And you PROMISE we can PLAY!!! I am so excited...Oh, and yes, I know how grumpy you are in the morning...those poor kids on Christmas morning. They will have the Grinch who stole Christmas living right there in the house with them! ;) Call me when you get here!!!

Harmoni Osborn said...

I can't believe how big David is!! I'm glad that you were happy when you saw the snow....Josh always laughed at me on those kind of mornings because it made me grouchy!! :p)I am loving our non-white AZ winter!!