Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas 2008

For Christmas this year Nate and I took our little family to Gilbert, AZ. Jarom and Kelly drove with their kids down from Colorado making the whole Lamoreaux family together again! We had a great time playing with cousins and just relaxing. We went to the Phoenix zoo with Nate's sister, had a night away from the boys (thanks to Jarom and Kelly), spent nights playing Mexican train dominoes and partied on New Years with a bunch crazy kids and party poppers. We had a good time.

My sweet Aunt Ann gave me this little Santa outfit for Aaron (3 months old). He looked so adorable Christmas morning....


David (18 months old) opening his stocking



Sweet little Aaron




Before we left for Az I was Martha Stewart for a day. For some reason I woke up one morning and decided I needed to do some holiday baking. I made some of my mom's cinnamon cookies, mountains and mountains of spritz cookies, a delicious homemade blackberry pie and fudge. Of course I had to take a picture of my work because this doesn't happen often. Oh and I also made the wreath in this picture from juniper trees in my back yard. I have to laugh at myself. I've never thought of myself as a domestic, crafty kind of person, but wow am I morphing into one! Motherhood does strange things to us!

2 comments:

The Sitton Family said...

Haha Laura you are so funny! You are a Martha Stewart indeed! Your baked goods look awesome! I am so glad you guys came here for Christmas, but sad we didn't get to do much! I am still sick by the way, How is that possible?? Maybe I am just a wussy wuss. Anywho, Summer will be here before we know it!!!

Harmoni Osborn said...

These pics are so fun...even the one of you wearing a "Highland" shirt..... ;p) hahaha

I can definitely see more of you in Aaron! Both such CUTE CUTE boys!! David looks SO much older than Aram & Liam....I think it's because of the massive amount of great thick hair he has! I buzz my boys-it's just so much easier for me to deal with!