Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love the food and getting together with family and friends. This year we couldn't make it to either AZ or UT to be with family, but we had a great Thanksgiving here with some friends. The food was delicious, friends were great, and the fall decorations on the table and house made the meal perfect. We had a wonderful time and when the meal was over us girls left the kids with the men and ventured out to do a little shopping at Michael's. I've never shopped on Thanksgiving or Black Friday, but I've heard stories. I assumed things were going to get a little dirty.... and I was ready. I came away with a set of three smaller pre-lit Christmas trees for $16 and a gingerbread house kit for $7. I feel so proud of myself for some reason. Anyway I thought this was funny- the percentage of Mormons out hear in Lawrence is pretty small, but Michael's was crawling with them that night. I even saw my Bishop- Mormons really do love a good deal.

2 comments:

The Sitton Family said...

I am so glad you guys had someone to share Thanksgiving with! I am thinking I want to have a second Thanksgiving because we just got home from Disneyland a couple hours before we ate and I wasn't feeling well, so I did not enjoy as much as I should have. AND I did not have any Martinelles which is a sin by Hill standards.

Lori said...

Hey Laura,
I just noticed your blog on Samantha's site so I checked it out. Cute pics!