Saturday, October 11, 2008

Aaron Andrew Hill

On Thurs October 2nd at 2:43 in the morning...... after being twelve days overdue, Aaron finally arrived! At 7lbs 14oz and 20 inches long he is absolutely perfect.



The Story

8:00 Wednesday morning Nate and I left for the hospital, leaving little David with Nana Lamoreaux. I had an induction scheduled for 9 o'clock at the Overland Park Hospital but things didn't really get started until 11:00ish (typical). At which time Dr. Estrin came in and broke my water and then started me on the pitocin drip. Things were going really well except my nurse kept having a hard time finding Aaron's heartbeat. So Dr. Estrin returned and discovered that Aaron had turned in my tummy (that little booger) and was now sideways in my belly. Luckily I had a very skilled doctor who was willing to try an external version instead of just opting for the repeat cesarean. So Dr. Estrin massaged my belly in an attempt to turn Aaron back around. Fortunately and painfully Aaron rotated back into launch position! Now it was time to just wait..... and wait...... the waiting got a little easier when I finally decided to get my epidural after an intense moment of heavy pitocin induced contractions. At around 11 o'clock that night I was fully dilated to 10cm. After a good 2 hour nap (thanks to the epidural) we started pushing around 1 in the morning and an hour and a half later little Aaron arrived!


He is such a sweet little baby


We are so happy everything went well and are grateful for all the help from our family and friends. We are especially grateful for Nana Lamoreaux spending so much time with us. Thanks mom!

10 comments:

Tiffany Winters said...

I am so glad you got to do the VBAC. He's adorable, and such a little sweetheart. Congratulations. If you need ANYTHING, let us know.

Lamoreaux Family said...

He is so beautiful! You guys are so blessed. Congratulations you guys. We can't wait to hold Aaron.

Spencer and Caroline Family said...

It's about time!!! He is a cutie just like his bigger brother. We CANNOT wait to come see you all in just a few weeks....hang in there Laura, sleep will come back soon! We love you guys!!!!

Brooke and Brian said...

Oh my GOODNESS!!! 2 WEEKS overdue?!?! You are a trooper that is for sure! What a cutie with big blue eyes. How the heck are you all?

Brooke and Brian said...

By the way, your poor body did not look big enough to hold that big baby of yours. =) I bet you are glad to get him out!

Clark Family said...

He is such a cutie! Congrats again! I can't beleive how stubborn he was coming out of there. Haha.

Harmoni Osborn said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! He is TOO stinkin cute!!! I LOVE IT!! Such handsome boys!!! :p) Thanks for the pic Laura!

Brooke and Brian said...

Ok, time for an update! ;) I wanna see that cute little boy!

Unknown said...

How is life? How are you guys doing? :0) We sure do miss you!!!

Unknown said...

Kitty=Harmoni. Sorry. just realized my sis-in-law was signed in...